Interior is from the Latin interior – interior. If the interior of a room or building is decorated on the basis of a design solution, taking into account the purpose and artistic appreciation, then we talk about interior architecture. To translate the idea, you need to know how to transform space, the ability to choose the most compatible decor and details. This is a comprehensive vision of the finished image of the object as a whole.
This type of activity is possible if there is an interconnection
- certain branches of science,
- industries and
To express the fashion trends taking into account the subjective predilections of man, it is necessary to work at the intersection of design, architecture, industrial modeling. This facet connects together:
- the design of water supply, sewerage, heating, ventilation, electrical networks, the Internet,
- the completion of finishes and furnishings,
- the design of furniture, fixtures, other industrial things.
Illustration of this will be properly designed area. All sockets are provided, a place for a screen or an aquarium, hidden wiring for sconces, floor lamps, chandeliers, thought-out coverage of floors and walls. Taken into account the intensity and direction of natural light, selected chairs, tables, shelves.
Only with the space in the volume, but not separately with a stone or concrete, sofa, fireplace, the architect of the interior arrangement of the house, temple, palace. Shaping the environment of people as a place of rest and work – that’s what interior architecture is all about.
Professional intuition, understanding of the principles of artistic design are essential to ensure that the result of the project satisfies the customer, likes it. The decor, details for each part of the room must express a single concept, give character, denote the idea of the entire space must
An in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of compatibility can be the guarantor of exceptional architectural expression
The fundamental principles of compatibility can help express the uniqueness of the image
- the silhouette of the furniture, vases, figurines, lamps, cushions,
- colors, as well as
- the specifics of perception.
The last point is responsible for the well-being and behavior of people in the apartment or room: excited-aggressive, peaceful-relaxed, inspired-creative, calm-creative. On the shoulders of a professional is the task of arranging the surrounding decoration that harmonizes a person’s life or destroys it.
Only the optimal use of the distinctive features of the building, their disclosure or concealment, taking into account a personal view, specific wishes, produces a holistic look. Beams, partitions, corners, surfaces, silhouettes of windows, openings become a key accent of stylization, reorganization. In this endeavor it is important to combine
- convenience with the totality of elements of decoration,
- safety with aesthetics.
Skills and knowledge of the interior architect
A master of the case, a specialist knows and is able to:
- understand the cultural uniqueness of society,
- navigate historical trends in construction, design,
- determine fashion trends,
- coordinate fittings with finishes,
- choose lighting,
- think systematically,
- apply ergonomics.
Only when these conditions are met will he put together an aesthetically successful home transformation project.
If you are not interested in remodeling, but want a new look, the designer is your help. But for an updated structure with a style component, look for a versatile specialist, also called an architect-designer.
Disproportion and chaos
The golden ratio structures the environment. The structure of the human body corresponds to this proportion. If this ratio in space is violated, the body tenses, feels discomfort.
By combining the contours, the coloring of frames, lamps, chairs, tables…, the structural component of the place is corrected. This improves or deteriorates the condition of the person who is in it.
Objects need to be balanced, to bring them into proportion. So a single piece of furniture in itself can be impressive, but disturb the composition as a whole.
3 rules for a harmonious look
Each work of a talented professional is extraordinary. But not everyone is gifted with talent, so it is not possible to create a representative design. Even in the photos in the thematic magazines there are mistakes.
- Uniformity is not proportionality. How it would be nice if the same components, lined up in a row, or clichés in beige tones created harmony. But only in the unity of the many, in the harmony of discordant creates a unique set, such as the ordering of dissimilar textures, inclusions of ripe cherries or indigo in a light palette, the combination of horizon and vertical.
- Image and size are influenced by coloring. It happens when the chosen thing changes the optical size due to improper color, destroys the harmony. At the same time the right color corrects the structural dissonance.
- Strict adherence to the style. Playing by the established rules is always interesting if you know and follow them. Architecture is a kind of fun with its own properties and laws. It is not for nothing that an architect is compared to a playing chess player, when he sees not just one piece on the board, but the whole field.